New Location Warning Plugin¶
This plugin allows LL::NG to send a warning message to the user’s email address when their account connects from a new location.
By default, the location is the IP address. Meaning that any connection from a different IP address will send a warning. If this is not what you want, you can change the way location is computed (see below).
Following steps are performed when the user logs in
- Extract the location from session info (by default, the IP address is used)
- Compare the current location to the previous locations saved in history
- If it is a new location, send an email to warn the user
- On the next login, the location will no longer be considered as new
The very first time a user logs in (empty login history), no email is sent.
Just enable it in the Manager (section
General Parameters >
Advanced parameters >
New location warning:
- Activation: Enable this plugin (default: disabled)
- Session attribute containing location: Indicate the session attribute you are using to store the location. You can use ipAddr, or a custom macro.
- Session attribute to display: By default, the raw value of the location session attribute is displayed in the warning email. If you want to use a different session attribute in the warning email, you can specify it here.
- Maximum number of locations to consider: By default, all previous value of the location are checked
- Session mail attribute: Session key containing mail address (default: mail)
- Warning mail subject: Subject of the email containing the warning
- Warning mail content: Content of the email containing the warning
If you use a macro instead of
ipAddr as the location value, be sure to add the name of this macro to
General Parameters » Plugins » Login History » Session data to store
Otherwise, the value of the macro will not be remembered across logins
Email body variables¶
Following variables are available in the Warning email body:
$location: the location value, from Session attribute to display
$date: the date of login
$ua: the full user agent string